Tuesday, July 03, 2007

life...





I know that I am always saying what a gift it is to be a part of people's lives as I attempt to capture life through the lens of a camera. I feel like I am always writing the same thing. Maybe I am. My hope is that the story won't grow old. The magic of what I get to do never fails to amaze me. Photographing a wedding is an incredible experience-- you just sort of appear in the middle of this really beautiful story and all of a sudden you're right in the center of it all, watching these priceless moments of time unfold. Wow. I cry at every wedding I photograph and during a lot of sessions with kids and families. It's just life. And maybe it is a dressed up, not your everyday kind of life but it's life just the same. All this being said, Steph and Wes had a wedding day of celebration and I was honored to witness this part of their journey. The pictures of the two of them were taking just minutes after they said their vows and their joy at being husband and wife is contagious. I don't think I could have gotten them to stop smiling for anything.

No comments: