Wednesday, September 19, 2007

weave me the sunshine...



Anyone who knows me well knows that the Perry family holds a place in my heart and life that is held by few others. We moved in down the street when I was in the 4th grade and though Lizzie and Jennifer and I weren't instant friends, it wasn't long before New Kids on the Block and Babysitter Club books sealed the deal (I know...we were really dorky. Really. We know that now but we thought we were REALLY cool then.) When you talk about the friends that you "grew up with," these will always be the friends that I think of. I will forever be grateful for all of the love and laughter and conversation and understanding and sacrifice that they--the whole Perry family--contributed to my life.

One of the sweetest things about this friendship is that it's one that my whole family shares with their whole family. My brother and Blair have been best friends since the first grade. In my head, Andy and Blair are both about 13 or 14 doing cannonballs off the diving board and playing basketball in the cove. I still can't believe that they are both married.
Getting the opportunity to photograph Blair and Kim's wedding last month was a huge gift to Corey and me. Their lives and the choices that they have made reflect God's heart for justice and I am grateful for their testimony of sacrifice and service. We loved photographing their wedding in the backyard of some houses in the neighborhood where they both live and serve in Memphis. It was also just really fun to get to see little Blair head over heels over his bride!

(I couldn't resist posting this cupcake shot...how cute are these????)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful journal of this glorious day! ALL of us love the Perrys, and we delighted in sharing this simple, elegant, and holy celebration with them. Congratulations Blair (aka Mr. Rabbit)and Kim! We love you,
nancy and gene

Julie the Eldest said...

What wonderful pictures! You are incredible, Erin. I am so proud of your talent and the fact that it probably started by modeling for me to take pictures of YOU when you were young! THanks for photographing wonderful memories that we can keep with the pictures.