Tuesday, May 20, 2008

country roads...

So, this was one of a few shoots we've done on a farm in the last few months. I like farms. It's official...I really do. I like the idea of growing what you need to live on and really appreciating the beauty of that cycle. I love the calmness, the peace and relaxed go-with-the-flow attitude that people seem to have when they're out in the country. I always kind of saw myself as a country girl but this future only included being barefoot, wearing pretty dresses and having a big white house with a porch. Also wildflowers. And mountains. I kind of left out the hard work part. I'm telling you...this seems to be a never-ending job. But hey, I have definitely found that farms are a great place to visit. I think I'd even enjoy an extended stay so I could really see what it was like. Also, I forgot to mention this: farms have animals. During this shoot with the awesome Lowery family, I was so excited to get to go and see all of the animals at the end. They have calves and mama cows, cats, puppies (I love puppies), more cows, chickens (not my fave), goats and probably a bunch of other stuff, too. It would have been perfect if they'd just had a donkey. In case you didn't know this about me, donkeys are my very favorite animal. Wow. This has turned into kind of self-revealing post, after all.

Anyway, the Lowerys were so much fun. I am so thankful they invited me out to capture their world! It was well-worth every minute!

No comments: