Monday, June 30, 2008

We have had a busy weekend to say the least! Since Thursday, we've shot two big family sessions at the lake (different lakes), a regular portrait session, a rehearsal dinner, and an incredible wedding (more on that later). However, I have been waiting since last fall for the Pepper Place farmer's market to open again. I have what you would probably call an obsession with farmer's markets and this is my favorite one in Birmingham. The colors, the flowers, the veggies, the people, the dogs, the morning, some music and art thrown in. The market is held every Saturday morning and this past weekend was literally the first time I have had an open morning since they opened this year. I am a big fan of seizing the moment so I took my tired and too much work to do self downtown anyway and enjoyed every second. I came home with two of my top five favorite things--zinnias and homegrown tomatoes. I spent way too much on both of them, especially since they are both currently growing in my backyard (but way too slowly!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures...perfect shots to refresh over and over while we wait (very impatiently) for more. :-)

We love you!
keely

Anonymous said...

Erin,
Wish we had seen you as the girls and I were there, too. ... Being at the market and, even more so, seeing your pictures took me on a lovely mental journey back to our life in Europe. "Beautiful" does not even come close!
Heather Metcalf

Nancy said...

I'm with Keely and impatient is not the word!
love you so much,
g.