Tuesday, September 23, 2008

the harbours

I have been thinking a lot about life these days. Not really in a philosophical kind of way but more in a how does it go so fast and how do we learn to really be present in it. I get so much joy from being around families and stepping into the way that they love one another. When I sent this slideshow to the mom of this family, she wrote me back to tell me that she loved them and that they were "exactly what she wanted." I guess that is kind of always the thing about taking pictures for people. You know that really (deep down or otherwise) people have some idea of what their family looks like, of what it will be like to actually see themselves through the lens of a camera. My job is to show that to them, to bring to life what they somehow knew was true but did not have tangible evidence to know it for sure. Enjoy the Harbour family!



Sweet Lauren was just not into taking pictures with her brother unless they were in motion. If there is anything I have learned, you've got to just go with the flow. You cannot manufacture a posed sibling shot when it's just not happening!



1 comment:

Beth said...

these are adorable.. what cute kids!!
the "posed sibling shot" is cracking me up, and i LOVE the one where they are running together.
so precious.. :)