Friday, June 08, 2007

appliances?


So...yesterday was our 4th anniversary. Four years. What a weird number...is that a long time or not at all? I can't figure it out. I think that, for now, it does not feel like four years is a very long time. Life feels so new these days. Having a photography business--and together of all things--is definitely not where we were when we met 9 years ago or really even when we married in 2003. These days everyday, even it's chaos and busy-ness, feels like such a surprise that we're really getting to do this. I feel like I am always learning so many new things about Corey and as I learn those things, I realize that I love him even more than I thought that I did. I am a big fat scaredy cat and I know that I never would have taken the chances that I have without his encouragement and faith in me. I have seen him be so willing to sacrifice for me and to serve me when it's definitely not the easiest or most convenient thing for him. Also, he totally puts up with me when I come home overwhelmed and freaking out. And he listens and tells me that it's going to be okay. And also, he has been incredibly kind about the fact that I have not cooked dinner in about 8 months now. Anyway...there are definitely really hard days and it always seems that just when I'm feeling so good about how awesome and fun my marriage is, we have the hugest fight of the century. So, yeah, it would not be true to say that it's never hard. But I would not trade it for the world. For the whole wide world.

All that to say, we went to Atlanta last night to see the Cubs play the Braves. Anyone who knows my husband knows that he loves the Cubbies and loves to see them play. It was a beautiful night for baseball and we had a ton of fun using our zoom lenses from our way up high cheap seats. All in all, a great 4th anniversary. And we both love our new appliances. (Which is a weird choice on the anniversary gift list, by the way.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nolens! Happy Anniversary!! Thought I use this to communicate...w/o email for another week...will be in touch ASAP about remaining order!! MISS YA!! LOVE YA!! Dreschers in TX

Anonymous said...

Erin...what an incredible job you have done with capturing such sweet pictures! I have been crying just watching! Wow, you are bringing such great memories for so many! i would like to schedule a time for our family! Tracy McNaughton