Thursday, February 28, 2008

I must confess: my first love is taking pictures outdoors. I love to be outside, be with people and to take pictures...as formerly addressed on this blog, the combination feels too good to be true. However, it is safe to say that the winter does not offer Alabama's prettiest months (unless you prefer brown, gray, and still more brown and gray). So when Corey proposed that we start doing these indoor in-home shoots, I will confess I had mixed feelings (this would be my typical overanalytic reaction to most things in life). But we had a lot of people who wanted pictures made and it was obvious that this would be a great way to do that in the winter as well as a way to figure out new ways to be creative and offer something different. My third blog confession of the day is this: I love what we have been able to capture in the indoor studio shoots! In honor of them and as a special Friday bonus, I am posting not 1, not 2 but 3 slideshows in this post. As always, feel free to leave a comment and make a photographer's day!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Erin. Like I said before in the e-mail I sent, you have an amazing gift for photographing children. You are so patient and sweet with our two sons...it really makes for a pleasant picture experience. We love how you are able to capture all of their unique expressions. I enjoy logging on to your website each day and seeing the slideshows you have posted. These in-home sessions are great. We can't wait for you to take more pictures of our children in the future.

Amy said...

I love all these pictures! I am getting so excited about our photo shoot in April. I am so glad you decided to update every day this week. It makes my day when I log on and see new pictures.

Thanks for all you do!

Amy

John and Amanda said...

Great pictures Erin! You are so creative! Can't wait to see more! :)