Monday, March 03, 2008

victory

I wish that I could convey to you the triumphant feeling I had in capturing sweet Claire's beautiful smile. From our first session last year, her mom warned me that Claire didn't like having her picture made. Unfortunately, I don't think I really believed her. But it is flat-out the truth. I have been around her enough times now to see her sweet, engaging, funny, really happy self and to understand why it makes her mom so sad that Claire literally bursts into tears at the sight of the camera (not just my camera--any camera). Prior to our latest photo shoot, Megan prepared Claire for weeks and much to my honor, even named one of Claire's Little People after me to help get ready for the day. Claire was awesome the day of the session and I was so happy to see her smiles. Her brother Ford was great, too! They have become one of my favorite families to photograph and I am once again grateful for the side benefit of making such cool new friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you hadn't told us Claire hated the camera, we sure wouldn't have known it! You not only captured her sweet smile but so many of her other precious expressions too. Love the black and white photos of her--she is like a little character in a book! Ford has got some pretty sweet smiles too--and I think I saw a little temper in one or two photos :). I love these pictures!

Megan said...

Thanks Erin! We feel pretty special to be blogged about! Thanks for the amazing gift of photographing our children. We will always cherish them. I'm glad Claire can look back and think she had a happy childhood now instead of seeing herself crying with her bunny in every picture!

Hershbine Family said...

I love these!! I have a couple of favorites... one is the the black and white of claire standing on her bed (?), then the one with the three of them that claire and her mommy look soooo much alike... and I think my very, very favorite is toward the end and Ford has a little elvis grin! They are both precious children and I love this shoot!

erin nolen said...

it is so much fun to hear your favorite pictures from the slideshows! i always pick my favorites but it's fun to hear that other people like different things. thank you so much for the comments...it really does make my day!