Wednesday, April 30, 2008

whirlwind.

Wow. It has been a whirlwind these last few weeks. I know that I have not been blogging well at all! We have had weddings and shoots in Gulf Shores, Huntsville, and Chattanooga in less than two weeks. We have slept in 4 different hotels during that time as well as had a ton of family and friends in town over this past weekend. And I am heading back out of town tomorrow! We knew spring would hit like this but it is still hard to catch up...

We were so honored to have our dearest friends and family in town for a baby shower over the weekend. We still can't believe that they were celebrating us! It all feels pretty surreal especially as we have no idea how long our wait will continue to last. Our sweet, sweet friends and family threw the shower for us and it really surpassed any possible expectation. I wish I had pictures to show but for once, we were on the other side of the camera! I will try to post something soon. For now, here are some shots from our impromptu session hanging out in our front yard.

Salem is walking around like such a big girl!

Little Isaac is three months old already!And, finally, some proof that I don't work ALL the time. This was one of the most fun weekends I have had in the longest time.



Blog post script: Casey came through with some great pictures from the shower! Here is one of Corey and me. Also a fun one of the diaper changing relay. Thanks, Aunt Casey!



6 comments:

amanda j said...

yippee for baby showers! we're celebrating with you from afar. i love the pictures, too. isaac has changed so much already! love you lots.

erin nolen said...

it wasn't the same without you, ab! we missed you and bj! i really hope we get to see you guys soon. (maybe so???) :)

Hershbine Family said...

I have pics!! I tried to send them on Monday, but the file was too large even zipped... so I am going to put them on our server and email you all the info... I wanted you to be able to share them. It was a fun evening for me too!

Lara said...

i wish you would have told me you were in chattanooga! i'm sure you were too busy...but next time, you must stop by! and take pictures! i just love your work! i don't know hardly anything about your adoption story but I'm really excited for you guys! love you,
lara jane

erin nolen said...

casey-thanks for the pics!

lj--it was truly less than 24 hours that we were there. hopefully we'll be back and be able to catch you then! you guys need to come to birmingham!

Beth said...

we hate we could not be there =( it looks like it was alot of fun though and we're so happy that you guys are getting to start celebrating!
we love you!