Friday, May 30, 2008

welcome to glacier. day 1.


We arrived in West Glacier late in the afternoon on Monday just in time for one quick walk down a nearby trail. It is incredibly beautiful. The lodge had opened for the season just days before and it turns out that in a lot of ways, this is a great time to visit the park. There are hardly any people and everything is fresh and green in the best of ways. There are some downsides to the early season but mostly, it was great. We had an incredible dinner in the lodge restaurant where we discovered the delight that is huckleberry ice cream. 

If you want to know what Corey looks like on vacation in the mountains, here it is. 

I love this shot of the fly fisherman. It makes me wish my dad was here. He loves Glacier and has always talked about how incredible it is. We came as a family when I was 11 but I don't remember much. 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Is Glacier not one of God's works of wonder? I am so wishing that I was there too. Loving the pictures, as always! See you soon.
Connie Sandlin

Connie said...

Is Glacier not one of God's works of wonder? I am so wishing that I was there too. Loving the pictures, as always! See you soon.
Connie Sandlin