Monday, June 02, 2008

Most of Glacier

Here are some things that I learned on vacation:

1. I never feel ready for vacation to be over. I have counted down to this trip for months and it was still a million times better than I imagined.
2. I was a crazy person to think I'd be able to post to my blog everyday. I probably could have if the wilderness had internet access. But is the wilderness really the wilderness if it has access to the world wide web?
3. You should eat all of the huckleberry ice cream, smoothies, shakes etcetera that you can while you have the opportunity.
4. Even when coming home is really hard and you miss your friends so much it hurts, it is awesome to have your mother-in-law pick you up at the airport with your favorite pizza and drinks waiting for you in the car. Especially when it's 10 pm and you've been traveling for 17 hours.
5. I love Montana. (I knew this one already.)

I really do want to post a lot more pictures from our trip. There are so many more from Glacier and then a ton from Bozeman and Yellowstone, too. We'll see how that goes now that we're jumping head first into work tomorrow. For now, here are some highlights.

A shot of our amazing hotel lobby. My grandmother just told me that I had lunch here when we vacationed in Montana when I was a little girl. How cool is that?

Aspens. Cannot get enough of them.


They're not kidding about these bear warnings.

You may recognize Salem from other posts on this blog. She was a total angel this entire trip and made everything even more fun. I miss her so much already.
Corey and Say conked out in the back seat. It takes a lot of driving to see most of Montana.
Here are some fun wildlife spottings in East Glacier.

Seeing this mama and baby moose was one of the highlights of my life. I know that may sound crazy but I have always dreamed of seeing a moose. Josh and Corey saw one on a hike the day before (see below) and were so sweet and apologetic to me that I missed it. We really didn't think we'd see another since the ranger told me he'd only seen 3 or 4 in 4 years. We saw 5 in one day!!! It was amazing.


Corey and Josh hiked one of the most difficult hikes in all of Glacier National Park. I still can't believe they did it. They said it was incredibly hard but worth it in the end. I love this morning shot of the mountains. On the snow picture, you can see Corey to the left. They were the only ones up on this amazing lake.

The first moose sighting. Is that incredible or what?

Just a few more nature shots from the trails.

I am planning on devoting a whole post to this place. I have never been anywhere like it...from every angle. The yummiest homemade bread I have ever ever had.
East Glacier.
Sweet friends. More friends to come!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Your pictures from your vacation are amazing. It sounds like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

aj said...

i'm so jealous you saw those moose! i still haven't seen one, since brian always sees them when i'm not there!

i love the pictures of salem, too.

--amanda