Monday, June 09, 2008

sisters

You never know, really. Before every session, there are always these moments of anticipation when I wonder how things will go, how the whole experience will unfold. Sometimes things go exactly as I expect but most of the time, each session takes on a life of its own and I feel as much as anyone like I'm just watching to see what happens next. I really had no idea what to expect when I photographed these sisters several weeks ago and I'm not sure they did either. The pictures were a gift for their mom and from the beginning, she said she wanted to be surprised instead of watching the pictures being made. These two were total naturals and I had SO much fun getting to know them. Obviously, they are beautiful girls on the outside but I can promise you that they are just as beautiful on the inside as well.

It is not hard to see where these girls get their beauty...

The cell phone picture was a request by her mama.
It's not my usual style but I thought I'd try this look on a couple of these photos. This field was awesome and the girls were total troopers about walking through the itchy weeds. I like the timeless look of these...

3 comments:

Beth said...

these sepia-type pictures are so great, erin! like vintage :)

Anonymous said...

love these!! great atmosphere.

-jamie

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I love the sepia/old film style look of these. You and Corey both have such a talent.