Monday, September 08, 2008

supermom (or the story of lauren taking on a photo shoot solo)

I first met the Blakes last fall when they were expecting baby Matthew a few months later. Thanks to Matthew's arrival, we've been doing photo sessions every few months. This means that I feel like I've gotten to know them over this past year and am in that usual transition where my clients start to feel more like friends. I love that part about my job in case you didn't know. I realize that I say it about ten times a week but it's just plain TRUE. So, on this particular sweltering August morning, a certain dad just happened to get called into work at the last minute and not be able to make it to our photo shoot. (Just kidding, really and truly it was a for real thing. Lauren totally vouched for him.) I have to say that it can be a challenge to try to get pictures of a barely sitting up six-month-old with his older (but not enough older to make it easy) brother. The boys were amazing though and I love the pictures from our session. And I'm so glad that their beautiful mama shared in them, too!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey erin,

i love this shoot! that second photo is too precious. i just love that look he's giving his big brother. can't wait for our session.

-jaime

Lauren said...

Supermom...huh? That was one hot photo shoot and busy with no dad around but we pulled it off! I absolutely love my pictures once again. See you in a couple of months!

scbphotography said...

the ones of the 2 of them are just fantastic! those are going to be pure treasures...