Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Ashley Mac's

I am sort of obsessed with strawberry cake. On the whole, I do not have what you would call a sweet tooth. I will almost always take chips and dip over something sweet. But I have a thing with strawberry cake. For years, I have requested the strawberry cake from a local bakery for my birthday because it has been my very very favorite. I swore it was the best strawberry cake in the world.

But that was before I tasted Ashley Mac's.

And that was when everything changed. It is the very best strawberry cake I have ever had. I can't wait to eat it for every birthday for the rest of my life. And any other time I can think of a good excuse to have it.

If you have not been to Ashley Mac's, you are really missing out. They are a catering service who also offers boxed lunches and to-go dinners that you can pick up. I have ordered their casseroles (there are tons of awesome choices) for dinner parties and it makes it like a gazillion times more fun than cooking. Ashley felt like they needed some pictures of some of their most popular items to hang up in the shop so she asked us if we could help them out. Corey took all of these pictures and did an amazing job showing the absolute yummy-ness that is everything they make. I am so happy to post some of Corey's pictures other than weddings on this blog for a change.

Here it is. It will change your life.

A piece of this came home with us. Also incredible.
If you are like us, you are always on the search for great chicken salad. This is just about as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned. I think I might go get some out of my fridge right now.
I don't even know what kind of dressing this is on this salad but I think that I could drink it. We were so excited that Ashley let us take home all of the food we photographed for dinner that night. I really did not want to share this salad with Corey. There. I said it.

Actually I just realized that these did not come home with us and so I have yet to try these amazingly beautiful strawberry cake TRUFFLES. Seriously, how amazing does that sound? Plus they're so pink and pretty.
Ashley Mac's also ships their yummy brownies and they come in this adorable box. Doesn't it make you just want to give someone a present? And share the brownies that are inside of it?


If you are not hungry after seeing all of these, I am very impressed.

9 comments:

Hershbine Family said...

I am hungry, thank you very much!
Also, I have to chime in on her pimento cheese, Mrs. Henderson brought it last year for some tailgating in tuscaloosa, that was the first time I had heard of Ashley Mac's... and I absolutely loved it!! so, delicious!

Ashley said...

Thanks so much for all the wonderful Pics! We can't wait to hang them in our shop! And thanks for sharing about us on your blog(: I've been bragging about ya'lls pictures to all my friends!

Andy, Kelly, and Myles said...

we might have to move to birmingham for this. it all looks so yummy! corey did a great job.

erin nolen said...

mama,

if that is the reason that you move to birmingham, i am going to feel very unloved. however, at this point, i will do whatever it takes. miss you and love you!

Journada said...

i am embarrassed to say that i made a strawberry (box) cake for our election party, because i have been craving ashley mac's cake. not that it compares. it doesn't. at all. but i have been craving it, and considering the fact that we live 10 hours from ashley mac's, it was the best i could do (because i am not attempting it on my own). that would be even worse than the box cake. the tantalizing predicament i now find myself in is that we have a half-eaten strawberry box cake in the fridge that makes us hungry to look at. but we just can't eat any more of it. it's too much like eating ash in comparison.

Journada said...

p.s. beautiful pictures, corey.

keely

Mis said...

Yum! I've been reading all about Ashley Mac's --i think it's time to try it!! Great pics too!

Megan said...

I agree that Ashely's chicken salad is the bomb and the strawberry cake is delish too. However, I will put Rhett's Gamma's Strawberry Cake up against hers any day. Maybe we should do a taste session sometime. Of course then we'd be obligated to eat A LOT of strawberry cake - I hope you would be OK with that ;) We could wash it down with chicken salad and salad dressing!

erin nolen said...

I would definitely be okay with eating lots of strawberry cake.