Wednesday, March 19, 2008

setting sail...

Finally, here is a start to posting some of the pictures from what was formerly known as the month of February but is now known as the month of Beth and Raja's wedding events. We were so honored to get to capture their first wedding ceremony on the cruise as well as the Indian ceremony and all the other events on the following weekend. Needless to say, we took a ton of pictures. The following are the beginning of those. I will try to post more as well as the slideshow soon.

I feel like I would be remiss if I did not post about how incredibly much fun this was. When we took these pictures, we were just pulling away from the port. The combination of the excitement of the wedding, heading out for Mexico, and having this incredible place to take pictures still feels too good to be true.


I love Beth's dress. I love it because it is just so her. To no one's surprise, she was such a beautiful bride. I have to tell you that she was a little bit (okay, maybe a lot) nervous before the ceremony began. These were the pictures taken while we were waiting for the cruise wedding director person to come and get Beth for the ceremony.

The pictures of Beth's dad still make me want to cry when I look at them. He loves her so much. I have to confess that I pretty much cry in every wedding we photograph...there is just something about being a part of such an intimate and holy time. But when it's Corey's uncle walking his sweet girl down the aisle...well, that's all I can say about that.


Here are the smiles of joy that followed the ceremony. I just love this shot of Beth. I don't know which one of us took it but I'm glad that one of us did. After the ceremony, there was a reception in another one of the lounges. I think the highlight was seeing the grandmothers (Beth's and Raja's) hitting the dance floor.

Corey set up these shots in the big lounge on board where they do the shows each night. It is also where they play Bingo all day long. (Why did no one tell me that they play Bingo like five thousand times a day on a cruise?)

And finally, one more on deck shot. More to come...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

the lighting, the setting, the subjects...everything is beautiful! love these photos!

Anonymous said...

well worth the wait! these are GORGEOUS! LOVE every detail.we'll definitely be eager to see more, but for now these are stunning.

keely

scbphotography said...

erin, i love these photos... great job. can't wait to see more! let's hang out soon; i'd love it.

Beth said...

erin,

it's so much fun to read all of the captions you have before and after the pictures! it's neat to get your perspective on things and see it from a diff point of view. :) thanks again so much for all the hard work you and corey did.. it makes me so proud to say these pictures are ours!