Tuesday, July 15, 2008

good fortune



So, I'm perfecting the art of working with a sleeping baby on my lap. I keep thinking I should put him down but then I keep hearing the words of EVERY person these days telling me how quickly these days are going to pass. I don't know how to hang on to to them any more than I am.

Tonight I was working on the pictures from one of our recent weddings. We're working hard to dig out of the pile that accumulated when the surprise of our life arrived. I found this picture and loved it. For one, I love it for Janna and Michael--an awesome couple who were wonderful to photograph. But I also love it because it's true for us in this season, too. In a fun, fortune cookie kind of way.

7 comments:

Mis said...

that's a really neat picture! and it's true--these days do go by so fast. i remember with Sam hoping that he would hurry and not be a tiny baby (and sleep) and finally with wes i was sad that he wasn't a baby any more! i'm really bad at not getting sleep though...

Anonymous said...

what an incredible picture! i love it...every detail. and it leaves me wanting to know what the story is behind the fortune. was it part of their engagement? did they open it at the wedding? did she carry it around in her wallet for years waiting for her luck to change? i want to know and yet i don't. i love imagining all the scenarios.

thank you for the beauty of your art and heart that sparks imaginative journeys for me and so many others.

keely

Anonymous said...

The picture looks amazing. We are grateful to have gotten to know you and we're so excited about your sweet, beautiful baby.

Megan said...

What a cool picture! Every time I see your wedding shots it makes me sadder about mine. If I could only fit into my dress we could restage it . . . not going to happen anytime soon! Oh, don't put the baby down.

erin nolen said...

megan, whenever i consider it, i always think of you and our talk on the bench at the gardens!

sara e said...

you have GOT to enter that photo in some contests!

The Parr Family said...

I'm so glad you got to photograph their wedding! I remember when Janna saw my photos last summer and asked about you. That really is a great photo! Can't wait to see more!