Monday, July 21, 2008

old friends...

We love photographing weddings. I always say that one of my favorite parts of photographing weddings is the relationships we're able to build with couples and their families. There is nothing like leaving a wedding and feeling like you've known people forever. However, in the case of Amy and Daniel, I realized that it was actually true. Daniel and I have been friends for a long, long time (I think we figured out that it is like 15 years or something). I spent so much time at their house in high school and each member of the Little family holds such an important--and different--place in my heart. When we met Amy earlier this year for their engagement session, I knew that she was the perfect girl for Daniel. She is as sweet as she is beautiful and we are just so happy that they have begun their life as husband and wife.

A few wedding details. The bridesmaids' bouquets were unbelievable.


Some getting ready fun...
Amy was truly a princess in her dress and fabulous wedding shoes.
This is my dear dear friend, Sara. She also happens to be the sister of the groom and one of my favorite people in the whole entire world. For those of you who have seen my Facebook picture, you have now seen the flipside of the moment.
I love how Corey captured Daniel's expression as Amy walked down the aisle. It is actually really hard to capture that moment in most weddings from the back of the church where we usually are during the ceremony. Married!

The reception was super fun and filled with a ton of laughter and emotions. There is no way I can post all of the fun dancing and toasting pictures but I really love how they all turned out. Amy and Daniel, thanks again for asking us to photograph your special day! We are so, so grateful to have been there to celebrate with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have so enjoyed the wedding slideshow and the pictures and commentary on your blog. You and Corey did such a fabulous job with all the photos, and of course it was an added bonus that we got to spend some time visiting during the weekend. It is going to be very difficult for me to choose which photos to order, there are so many great ones. I am going to have to speak to you about one of me, but I will save that for later!! We are waiting for more pics of the baby and cannot wait to meet him in person. We love you all. Andrea & Larry Little

erin nolen said...

Mrs. Little,

I just couldn't resist! You know how much I love you though. We'll try to bring the little one by next time we're in town!

love,
erin

sara e said...

thanks for the shout out. also, i LOVE maclaine's expression as amy is walking down the aisle! so sweet! i need an order form too...

Anonymous said...

Erin,
Could you send me your e-mail address? I publish The Tuscaloosa Bridal Directory and one of my clients (Lady in Lace) wants to use a bride you "shot" for their full page color ad (of course, photo credit would be given). The bride's name is Gina/Genna? Garber. I can be reached at 205-871-6322 or info@TuscaloosaBridalDirectory.com.
Thanks so much,
Beth Andrews