Thursday, July 10, 2008

the whole world



Here are a few more pictures of our sweet boy. I know they kind of all look the same but he is just so cute and sweet in each of them. He continues to be more wonderful than we ever imagined having a baby could be.

I cannot believe that it has already been one week that he came into our lives.

In some ways, it feels like he has been here forever and in others, it feels like this has been one long day.

In every way, I cannot imagine our world without him.


We have been truly humbled by how many people have been there for us during this past crazy week. We are so grateful and honestly just overwhelmed by the way our friends and families have shown up in these past few days. There have been borrowed cribs and bouncy seats, incredible meals, a gazillion phone calls and emails, friends who have come from near and far, really fun presents, and my personal favorite: blog comments! And all for a precious little boy who has no idea.

I can't believe how much I love him. I told Corey that it is like realizing a whole dimension of love that you never knew existed. I have thought for a long time that I at least had a little bit of a grasp of how God loves us. I know that there is no way that I'll ever really understand that. But what I do know is that if THIS is anywhere close to how God loves us, I really had no idea before now.



Also, I feel like I should say that we are still working in the midst of all of this. Though we were completely surprised by little one's sudden arrival last week, we have known for awhile that a baby would eventually be coming and we have worked hard to structure our work situation accordingly. Please feel free to still call and email us to set up sessions! More than ever, we are thankful for the gift of what we do!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is sooo precious. i just love the recent photos you have taken of him. has he opened up his eyes? i bet they are beautiful. this post made me tear up a bit because of how Gods love has poured out on you through this wonderful gift. god bless you both

erin howell

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Corey & Erin! Casey showed me lots of pictures on the 4th. He is beautiful! We're so happy for you all.
Mandy Duncan

jessica and corey said...

precious... absolutely precious.

chandler said...

you guys are awesome. he's beautiful, and He is beautiful. i'm so happy for y'all. hope to see you three soon!

Megan said...

I love the pictures of him with the map of the world in the background. It's like saying here is this new tiny little person with this big ole world out there to discover. He's darling.

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to make my nephew "map room"? If so, I completely approve. That way, if he and Myles form Kelly Wingate: Part Deux, they would be Andrew Wilson, which has a certain something, I think. Love you guys. See you this weekend.

John and Amanda said...

Erin, he is just amazing. My heart just swells with joy for you guys. You will be wonderful parents and I look forward to visiting with you guys again soon. And I agree, loving a child has opened my eyes in so many ways to how much God loves me.

Your pictures are beautiful as well.

jniathome said...

I have enjoyed seeing you pictures of your sweet baby. I found your blog through the Morris family. I was Averi's foster mother. When I saw the picture at Lifeline, I knew you were a special family. I hope to see you at the reunion in September.

Ashley said...

oh my gosh... just so adorable!!!! I can't wait to meet him in person! enjoyed meeting your mom my store the other day...she is so sweet. Hope y'all enjoyed the casseroles.. or are saving them for a rainy day(:

Lizzie said...

oh my goodness...he is absolutely perfect!!! what a handsome boy...he is so blessed to have such amazing parents! these pictures are amazing. i cannot wait to meet him!!!! love, liz